· If you bring your child to school tardy, please walk them directly to the office so their arrival may be recorded.
· After the Administrative Assistant records the arrival time, your child may proceed to their classroom.
· Regular school attendance is mandatory for all students with the exception of sickness and emergencies.
· You are requested to call the school that your child attends in the morning if your child will be absent for the day; each school has an answering machine for early phone calls.
· School Committee policy requires the school attempt to contact you, if your child is absent. The school will call you if you have not contacted the school for a student’s absence.
· Principal will contact parent/guardian for excessive absences.
· Continual absences, whether excused or unexcused, may be reported to the school resource officer.
· Excessive absences could potentially result in court action taken against you.
· In the case of excessive absences, the school administration may require a meeting between parents/guardians, student, and school resource officer.
It is strongly recommended that families not take vacations while school is in session.
Make-up work will be provided upon the return of the student.
Make-up work is the responsibility of the student to complete and return.